Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Band Festival

On saturday, I had band festival! We played 3 songs, Honor Roll March, Gavotte, and Ancient Moon. After that, we went into a sight reading room and prepared for 2 songs, then played them. I was really nervous, but i thought we did great. After that, we put away our instruments and went to the Cafeteria to wait for our scores to be put up. I got a donut, a verners and a nerd rope while i waited. Then, this person put the scores up and we got: a 2,2,2 a ONE in SIGHT READING and our final score was a TWO!! That's like really good for our first time! We were all so excited. After that, we went to McDonalds to eat (here is a funny story...) So i went up to the counter and was like: "I'll have a double cheeseburger and a medium fry." (hey, i was hungry!) and the lady looked at me and was like: "Were still on Breakfast" and so i backed away, because I did NOT want any breakfast. So after thinking a little while, I asked my band director something, then announced (maybe just loud enough for the people working there to hear..) "I'm going to Arbys!" So i walked across the street, followed by everyone else except 2 people who had already ordered. After eating, we went home. It was a long day! And was going to get even longer...My aunt's shower was that night!!!
~KEK

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

good job Kara!! Hope you had TONS of fun!