Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration of Barack Obama

Today, like my mom said, will be a big part of history. It IS a big part of history. An African American becoming the President of the United States.His speech was amazing, and I know everyone will remember this for a long time, and pass it on. I am very happy for this day. It was really exciting, watching everything on TV. Think about what Obamas kids are thinking. Their dad, the President of the United States. It is weird now to say President Barack Obama. Usually, I would say Obama, but now I guess I will say something other. President. An African American. African Americans, who used to have to sit seperately from white people on buses, who were used as slaves, can now be Presidents. Well, as long as they were born here. I am very proud of my country now. Very very proud. This would be Impossible years ago. but now, it is possible. Hooray for President Barack Obama!!!
(sorry if this is a weird post, it seems sort of weird to me...)
KEK

4 comments:

Kulio said...

It's not a weird post - it's great! Yep, you have to be born in the U.S. of A to be president - I think that's a good rule. I'm glad that you caught the spirit of the day - the twins said that everybody was yelling hurray at their school about our new president. I'm glad that we're celebrating something worth celebrating. (Now who is sounding weird!)

Karaeleanor said...

ha! that isn't weird, though!
LOVE YA!!

KEK

Ashlee said...

O-BAM-A!!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Karaeleanor said...

YAY!!!